This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The two weeks before the most wonderful time of the year is also one of the most dreaded periods for any college students — it’s finals season.  You already know what that means: stress upon stress, sleep deprivation, caffeine overload and countless hours at Memorial Library. But, it can be a little less stressful with these time management tips!

1. Create an Excel spreadsheet of your upcoming assignments for each class

People know me as the punctual friend who does things extremely far in advance. Excel is one thing that has drastically helped me remember all my assignments and due dates — it’s essentially all your syllabi combined into one document. Plus, the cross-through features make you feel like you’re being productive and getting work done!

2. Plan when you’re going out

I know a lot of parties come up last minute, but try to pick and choose which nights you can and can’t go out so you balance your work and social lives properly. Getting assignments done far in advance instead of going out with friends sounds extremely awful, but you’ll be glad you did it when you’re not struggling with the consequences of procrastination.

3. Start studying for final exams two weeks in advance

There’s pretty much nothing worse than cramming for hours on end right before a final, especially when you know you’re screwed the entire time . Instead, try studying for 30-45 minutes every day in the two weeks leading up to the final. Your brain processes new information while you sleep, so pulling an all-nighter right before an exam is a waste of your time, anyway.

4. Find a study environment that works best for you

A good study environment for someone else doesn’t always mean it’s good for you. If you want complete silence, check out Memorial Library or the Historical Society. If you work better in a social enviornment, try College Library. If the thought of entering a library stresses you out altogether, go to the Student Activity Center (SAC). Your comfort in your study setting is extremely vital for your productivity!

5.  Bring healthy snacks

Stress-eating is real, and it’s dangerous. When you’re studying for hours on end, it’s important to make sure that you have snacks on deck — preferably healthy ones. In the long run, you’ll be happy that you brought that protein bar and apple, and not that bag of chips or pack of cookies.

Studying in advance will produce the best results for exams; so study up, make flashcards and review. Make sure you get a sufficient amount of sleep — now you’re good to go! Best of luck during finals season!

First-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.