4 Ways to Stay Active During the Chilliness of Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As we sadly say goodbye to the warm, summer weather that allowed us to run, bike and walk for miles outside with ease, it’s time to welcome the cold, crisp weather that comes with fall. Here are some fun indoor activities to help keep you active and motivated this fall!

1. Yoga

Yoga is a great way to both strengthen and stretch your muscles, and all you need is a small space and a yoga mat! You can find plenty of yoga tutorials for all skill levels on YouTube. If you’d prefer an in-person experience, check out one of the yoga studios here on campus:

Inner Fire Yoga: 773 University Ave. (First class is free!)

Dragonfly Hot Yoga: 309 W Johnson Street (First week is free!)

2. HIIT

HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training. This is a great way to get in your cardio without running or walking. This type of exercise can be done anywhere, anytime! You can find HIIT videos on YouTube, Instagram or Facebook. You could also try taking a HIIT class at Kamps Fitness Madison (435 N Frances Street)!

3. Cyc Class

Another fun way to get in cardio is by taking a class at Cyc Fitness Madison! These classes are full of energy and will definitely kick your butt into shape.

4. Campus gyms

If you are the type of person that likes to do a little bit of everything when they work out, the campus gyms are a great place to be! These gyms are free to all student and are all accessible through the bus system. These gyms have everything you need from cardio machines to squat racks as well as classes in most of the other activities on this list.

The Shell: 1430 Monroe Street

Ogg Hall Fitness Center: 835 W Dayton Street

UW Natatorium: 2000 Observatory Drive

Make sure to take advantage of any or all of these ideas to stay fit this fall and beat the cold weather blues.

Eva Gretz

Wisconsin

Eva is currently a Sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison pursing a degree in Biology and a certificate in Global Health, and hopes to venture into med-school in her future. Eva enjoys living a healthy lifestyle, spending time with friends and family, writing, and learning biology, of course. Some of her most favorite things in the world are pickles, clouds, and her miniature golden doodle, Nahla. To see Eva's adorable dog (and much more), follow her on Instagram (@evagretz). 
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!