This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

You enter college and are immediately tossed into the adult world. There’s no warning or preparation; it just starts to happen. Part of this means the pressure of geting an internship or some sort of resume builder so you’re on the path to landing your dream job once you get your degree. If you’re not enrolled in a class that teaches these “real world” skills, preparing for an internship interview can be extremely stressful. So. here are a few sure-fire ways to make sure that you look the part and feel confident walking into that interview room.

1. Dress for Success

What girl doesn’t love getting all dolled up? I know I do. You want to make sure you have that “classic professionalism” look in an interview. Think neutral colors: black, grey or white. The easiest look would be black dress pants, a white top and a black blazer (optional depending on what you are interviewing for). If you do decide to go for a dress or skirt, keep it neutral and make sure you’re wearing solid black tights or nylons. It’s all about looking put together from head-to-toe.

2. Be Comfortable

Don’t wear heels if you don’t feel confident walking in them. Black flats are a chic alternative. If you know you play with your hair, tie it back in a clean ponytail or bun. Most importantly, don’t wear clothes that are ill-fitting, even though you should be comfortable.

3. Complete the Look

Now that you have your outfit squared away, you want to make sure you’re polished. Remember your looks while you walkin in makes an immediate first impression — make sure your look says “I’m put together.” This not only demonstrates to your interviewer that you have it together, it also showcases your ability to get ready for important occassions. A clean hairstyle — an updo or a nice soft styling — is great, just make sure it’s a polished look. Make sure your hair is brushed and tidy. Simple makeup is appropriate. No thick eyeliner or red lips!

4. Know Your Resume

Your physical appearance sets the stage for feeling confident and making a good impression; but it’s what you say in an interview that will solidify you as the interviewee of choice. Make sure your resume is solid and doesn’t miss any of the amazing things that make you the right choice. Knowing your resume will help you answer open-ended questions and draw on real life examples of skills that make you right for the job/internship.

It’s so easy to undersell yourself, but an interview is the perfect place to share it all. Practice asking yourself questions in the mirror; it will allow you to get that discomfort out of the way and pick up on any weird idiosyncrasies you may have that could distract in an interview setting.

If you’re looking for some great resources for formatting your resume, check out out these attachments:

Fo out and be the #girlboss you were destined to be with these tips!

Skylar Witte is a junior at the University of Wisconsin - Madison studying Communication Arts. In her free time she enjoys binge watching "Friends" and eating Halo Top Ice Cream. She is a self-proclaimed social media #fanatic. If you see her odds are she will have her computer in one hand and coffee in the other.