Many of us have been told that college is a time for growth and maturity, providing us with a taste of the real world. While that’s true in some ways, at times we tend to regress to a child-like state. Here are 13 ways that as college students, we resemble the behaviors of a toddler:
1. We sometimes need taking care of.
2. We’re not always in control of our bodily functions.
3. We’re always looking for a bottle.
4. People tell us we can dance, when in fact, we most definitely cannot.
5. Somehow we still have no money.
6. Sleep is our number one priority.
7. Food is our second priority (and sometimes first).
8. The buddy system is a must.
9. We play dress up.
10. We need people to hold us as we cry.
11. We have big dreams of what we want to be when we grow up.
12. Sometimes we have trouble walking
13. We sometimes wear the same clothes out in public that we wore to bed.
While most of us would like to think we’re all grown up, there’s no denying that at times we’re no more mature than a two year-old learning how to potty train—and sometimes even that’s a stretch.