10 Reasons UW is Better than Alabama

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Despite the recent loss to Alabama’s football team, there is still no denying that there isn’t a better place to go to college than UW-Madison. Here are the top 10 reasons why win or lose, you should still choose to be a badger.

1.We have Bucky as our mascot

Photo Credit: Bryce Richter

Is an animal that is afraid of mice really an intimidating mascot?

2.We can wear red on game days

Because game day bibs are more practical to wear to a football game than cowboy boots.

3. Camp Randall

Photo credit: Jeff Miller

Packing the stadium with 80,000 passionate badger fans makes for the perfect game day atmosphere.

4. We can go to games when it’s snowing

Photo credit: Jeff Miller

There are few sights more majestic than the Wisconsin Badgers throwing the pigskin around in a field covered in snow.

5. Brats

Photo Credit: Jeff Miller

This staple of the Wisconsin diet is well worth the line in the concession stand.

6. Jump Around

Photo Credit: Jeff Miller

Sweet Home Alabama has got nothing on House of Pain’s 90’s classic.

7. Madison is one of the best college football towns

Photo Credit: Jeff Miller

Madison has long been considered one of America’s best college sports towns and has even been ranked #1 on Sports Illustrated’s list and USA Today’s list.

8. Our marching band

Photo Credit: Bryce Richter

Alabama may claim to be the million-dollar band, but I’d argue that Wisconsin is the two million dollar band.

9. Madison is one of the top party schools in the nation

Photo Credit: Bryce Richter

Madison made it to #8 on the Princeton Review’s ranking of the top party schools for 2015. Alabama didn’t seem to make the cut.

10. What does roll tide even mean!?

Even Ryan Gosling doesn’t know.

Because when you say Wisconsin, you’ve said it all!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!