10 Creative Gifts for Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The holidays can be stressful for poor college students. We don’t want to show up to celebrations empty-handed, but saving money for food and next semester’s books is an important priority. Read on for ten great $20-and-under, all with free two-day shipping for Amazon Prime members. With a little research and planning, you can definitely stay on budget this year.

1. Fruit Infuser Water Bottle

Encourage your friend or family member to stay hydrated with water that tastes great! If you have some extra cash, you can always throw in some lemons or other fruits; that way, they can start using the gift without an extra trip to the grocery store.

2. Mermaid Blanket

Who doesn’t want to be a mermaid? I gave this exact blanket as a gift to my sister, and I got a picture the next day of her boyfriend wearing it. This gift is useful and adorable, so you really can’t go wrong!

3. Funky Vegetable Growing Kit

This gift is great for a younger sibling who doesn’t want to eat his or her vegetables. Being involved in the growing and cooking of “funky” vegetables will definitely get them interested in eating their greens.

4. Foot Massage Roller

Do you have family member with a job that requires a lot of time on their feet, or an athlete friend who always complains about sore feet? This is a great gift for them — and it doesn’t take up too much space!

5. Duck Money Soap

This is definitely the funniest gift on this list. It’s great for practicality and gags alike — plus the recipient may even end up with an extra $50!

6. Flameless LED Candles

Are you looking for a gift for someone who lives in an apartment or a dorm? These candles are perfect for people who live in places that don’t allow open flames. They even come with a remote, so you can turn them off from the comfort of your bed!

7. Laser Etched Wine Glass

This specific wine glass is great for cat lovers, but there are so many different ones out there. If you find a great deal or have the extra cash, you can throw in a bottle of wine, too.

8. Makeup Mirror with LED Lights

Do you know someone that hogs the bathroom to do their makeup? This makeup mirror fits a desk perfectly and has different light settings to mimic both indoor and outdoor light. You’ll both be happier this way, I promise.

9. Cat Grass Kit

It’s a gift for both your human friend and feline friend! Not much else needs to be said.

10. Fairy Garden Succulent Pot

Okay, this is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I may even buy one for myself. Of course, the person you give this to will need to invest in soil and succulents, but if you know someone who gardens anyway, it’s totally worth it!

I hope these ideas helps you holiday-shop on a budget. Remember, though, it’s the thought that really counts. Putting care into each gift and making sure it matches the recipient’s personality is much more important than spending a lot of money. Happy holidays!