This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Picking a college is one of the most confusing and frustrating tasks you can find. From spending three hours on an application, to waiting three months to hear back.

When I began this long and BORING task, I only had one school in mind: Winthrop. Winthrop was where I saw myself. I loved the brick buildings where I could get lost for hours, and the green wooly grass that didn’t stick to my socks. I loved the lake even with all of the geese poo, and I even loved classes. 

My first year at Winthrop is drawing to an end, and yet It doesn’t even feel like I’ve been here a month. Every day I discover something new about my campus, and I fall even more in love with it. 

I chose to come to Winthrop mainly for the education department, and if I’m being honest, they gave me the most money. But it was also about the experience to me. It was about how I felt when I stepped onto campus.

When I closed my eyes, I could almost feel the past students gliding past me on their way to classes, and I wanted to be one of them. I wanted to be one of the students in the composites on the wall of Tillman, and now I will be.

When I came to college, I wasn’t expecting to love it. I was expecting to come and get my work done so I could graduate with a degree in something. But, instead I’ve fallen in love with a school. A living, breathing brick campus. 

And the absolute best part of coming to Winthrop is you might even get a few snow days!

So, even if Winthrop wasn’t at the top of your list, you’ll find your place here Collegiettes! Just give Winthrop a chance.

Who says redheads have to have all the fun?
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.