This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Nailed It!
 is back for a new season!

Calm your racing hearts friends, the nicests, funniest, goofiest, make fun of themselves and show it back for another season. 

It seems like the show came right when we needed it, in the midst of studying, homework and midterms. 

If you haven’t heard of Netflix’s Nailed It! (which I don’t see how lol) it is based on the meme where someone shows an amazing tricky craft or in this case bake and then right next to this amazing bake, it’s the amateurs very botched attempt of copying. They put Nailed It in big bold letters on the image. 

As with most memes on the internet, some are funny and some are used to make fun of someone. Unlike the internet, these contestants don’t let anyone make fun of themselves before the internet does. They take the shaming they might have gotten, reclaim it and make it a triumph. They said at least I tried, I might not have gotten it down pact but at least I tried! 

When you first watch Nailed It, you might think it’s one of those cutthroat baking shows, in which three home bakers with some really iffy skills show up to recreate some crazy complicated cakes in some crazy timeframes. Three judges will comment on the baking results and award a “winner.” That just means whoever cake the judges could actually eat and digest. The judges include: comedian Nicole Byer, French pastry chef and chocolatier Jacques Torres, and a special guest judge that changes every episode. 

Instead of snarky and mean, the show is one of the sweetest, most supporiateve, and silliest thing to watch either by yourself or with your friends and family. The one thing that’s obvious about this show is that they never take themselves too seriously and that’s why they have so much fun. 

Season 6’s first episode is themed around pets, but just your normal dog or cat but exotic animals that you wouldn’t think of as a pet including: a skunk, a monkey, and a parrot.  The episode opens with Nicole Byer playing with mini cake versions of herself, Jacque, and Wes(the series assistant director who Nicole likes to torment) as they are getting ready to record the show when a cake monster with an alligator body and a cupcake head and hands goes to attack Wes. Nicole is making her own battle scene with these cake figures that she’s treating like action figures. 

Nailed It! Is one of those shows that allows you to destress while having some laughs. You can yell at the bakers like they could hear you though the screen when they mess up or applaud when they do something right. I know I’ll be thinking wow mine would turn out way worse than that. 

Nailed It! season 6 is now streaming on Netflix!

Chyna Wallace

Winthrop '23

My name is Chyna Wallace and I am a senior at Winthrop University. I am a Mass Communications major with a broadcast concentration, with a plan to graduate in May 2023. I also have a passion for photography, film, and education which fits into my passion for journalism. I use my creative skills to thrive in my major, but also teach elementary school children in my free time.