Mental Health Hub Hero
Mental Health Hub Hero
Rebecca Hoskins / Her Campus Media
Wellness > Mental Health

How to Stay Spirituality Connected

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.
Being in touch with your spirituality is important, it is what helps balances you out. As well it allows for you to understand who you are and what it is you want. So here is 6 ways you can stay connected spiritually.

Having a stable relationship with your creator:

Regardless of who or what you believe created the universe it is healthy to establish that relationship. It allows you to be aware of the idea of a supreme power that is all mighty and above us all . This helps with creating a humble personality and being someone who can accept the thoughts of others.

Meditation and Self Reflection:

Being a strong person is important aspect of self growth and worth and when you take time to spiritually understand yourself and what you want it is easier to accomplish. Taking time out your day to meditate and gain a clear mind is healthy it allows you to focus and see the deeper meanings in life. While self reflection allows you to see what you do like and do not about yourself, where you have been successful in life and where you have not.

Being accepting :

When you allow yourself to see things as they are you feel more relief and less pressure. Knowing how to respect others and their decisions and not allowing yourself to be judgmental. It is important to understand you are not all mighty and powerful. You have faults like everyone else and the key is for everyone to just accept each other as they are.

Being Positive:

You do not have to be negative towards others, let people find joy in the things that make them happy. But also let yourself find joy. You can just do random activities to make you feel good about yourself. Not letting others steal your joy. This will make you more radiant more grateful and give you more insight into the world.

Being Forgiving :

Forgive the people that have hurt you and move forward, it is okay to be cautious and remember what has been done but do not be angry and hateful. Allowing yourself to forgive them lifts a burden off of your chest and gives you the room to be happy.

Do acts of Kindness:

Allow yourself to do something nice for someone every day, just doing small things will make you feel good about yourself. As well your small act of kindness might have been what a person needed that day. You never know how impactful your actions can be on someone.

Be Humble:

Recognize and accept that you are not perfect and that you make mistakes. You hurt others and do things that are not right sometimes and it is okay. But you cannot walk around thinking that your actions are okay if you hurt others. It is important to be realistic with yourself and see the consequences of your actions it will make you appreciate life more.

So from these steps what is most important is that you grow and love yourself. You give things in life more chances and have inner peace within yourself.

Jasmine Creech

Winthrop '25

Lets laugh cry, and celebrate our lives together :)