This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

HELLO LADIES!  I know for a fact that I am not the only one who is saying AHHHHH what is going on in my life! So what do we do when we feel like this? We check in with ourselves and focus on how to regain our lives. Because I know we all know how important it is to feel balanced with ourselves.  I want you to take this time while reading my article to check in with yourself, focus on only yourself, and what is you want and need. But you might think… how do I want you to do this? Well we are going to discuss different ways to be with oneself.

For starters take time to take deep breathes: breath in for 5 and breath out for 5 do this on repetition for 5 times and see how you feel afterwards. Now you should feel more in touch with yourself and at ease. Now you should find yourself a journal and make it your personal one for your thoughts and feelings. Write out what you feel, did you have a good a bad or even a great day you should write about it. If you feel alone or connected to someone here’s your time to reminisce or evaluate those emotions. I bet once you finish this you feel better and even happier. You’ll see journaling can make the heart happy and give you some peace in your life.

Now you have worked on your breathing, and you have journaled so you might think well what else is there to do? There is so much! You should do some form of exercise for it can be so much more relaxing than one think and once you complete such an activity you can work on the other aspects of relaxation. Binge watch some movies there are so many movie series. Maybe you’ll like to watch the Harry Potter series and relive the many different ups and downs that the movies have, or you’ll be a twilight type of girl and fight over either your team Jacob or team Edward. Regardless of who all that matters is that you enjoy the movies you watch. But while you watch those movies also make sure you have plenty of snacks get all of your favorites. Eat them all regardless of how sweet or bad they are for you. Make it your personal cheat day and eat that ice cream, candy, popcorn and even drink the soda if that’s what you would like. Lay in bed and stay in your pajamas all day, you don’t have to always be put together and its okay to be that lazy girl.  

Now that you have had a day of for yourself, how do you feel? I hope it is good and that you can see why it is good to maintain your personal mental health why you have to be at peace with yourself. Because when we do not we lose our minds and we start feeling like what the heck are we doing with our lives. From one craze head girl to another.

Xoxo- Jas:)

Jasmine Creech

Winthrop '25

Lets laugh cry, and celebrate our lives together :)