This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Names: Lindsey Hawkins and Sam Obando 

Years: Sophomore and Senior

Hometowns: Lyman, SC and Miami, FL

Majors: Early Childhood Education and Biology

Greek Affilitations: Delta Zeta, Pi Kappa Phi

Are you involved on campus?

Lindsey: I’m an Orientation Leader, Peer Mentor, Student Office Assistant and a Delta Zeta Panhellic Delegate. 

Sam: I’m a memeber of the LIFT Committee, IFC Vice President of Greek Relations and an assistant coach for the men’s club soccer team. 

How long have you two been together?

Lindsey: We have been dating since December 4th 2013 (1 year, 2 months).

Do you all have a favorite movie?

Lindsey: Forrest Gump

Sam: The Lion King

Favorite date location in Rock Hill?

The movies on a Sunday afternoon.

Ideal date?

Eating lots of good food and then cuddling up to watch movies.

Favorite memory of the relationship so far?

Lindsey: Going to Miami to meet Sam’s family and see his hometown. We had such a great time exploring all of his old favorite spots, and I loved finally getting to meet his family.

Sam: Our first date. I dressed up to take her to the movies. She had been sick in bed all day but still wanted to come so she came in leggings and a hoodie. It caught me off guard, but we still had a great time. 

Do you two have a song?

Lindsey: Our song is “No Matter Where You Are,” by Us the Duo.

Why did you two come to Winthrop?

Lindsey:Winthrop offered me a pretty big scholarship and I loved how small it was. Everyone is really kind and extremely accepting of each other.

Sam: I wanted to go a small school and Winthrop fit perfectly!

Do you both have a favorite spot on campus?

DiG’s, all of our friends hang out there!

Diana is a contributing writer for Her Campus and is a member of Winthrop University's class of 2016 with an intended major of Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources. On campus Diana is the Treasurer of Winthrop's Club Volleyball team, a Peer Mentor for the incoming freshman, and an active member of her sorority serving on the executive council. Off campus, you can find Diana at the local club coaching a travel volleyball team or Buffalo Wild Wings catching up on the lastest games. In her free time, when she has some, Diana can be found in her bed binge-watching yet another Netflix series. Be sure to follow Diana on Instagram and Twitter @dianafrankk.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.