Campus Cutie: Sydney Watson ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Sydney WatsonMajor: Early Childhood EducationAcademic Year: SophomoreHometown: Greenville, South Carolina

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things (other than food and water) would you bring and why?I would bring the book “If I Stay” because I’m obsessed with it. I’d probably bring cards so I could play solitaire. I really like that game. Ooooooh and a camera! So I could show people how miserable I was on this island with only 3 things…

How would your best friend(s) describe you?Like a Squid… just kidding. But they do call me Squidney… not really sure why… I consider myself a good friend. I would do anything for them in a heartbeat whenever they needed it. I’m pretty easy to get a long with and they laugh at me a lot, so maybe I’m funny. Or maybe they’re laughing at me and not with me. Either way I’m so thankful for the friends I have. They rock.

On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower?Around 5 times a week I guess… maybe more (giggles)

What song best describes you and why?Literlly anything by Taylor Swift.. She just gets me, ya know?

What’s your ideal date?I’ve always wanted to watch a projected movie from a truck bed full of pillows. That’d be kinda cool.

What qualities do you look for in a significant other?Tall, blue eyes, kindhearted, Christian, outgoing, funny, older, tan (Wow, never noticed how picky I was).

If you could trade places with any other person for a day, with whom would it be?Selena Gomez… HAVE YOU LOOKED AT HER?! She’s littterallly perfect.

Hidden talents?I consider myself a pretty decent singer, but it’s rare that I’ll ever sing in front of you.

What do you think is the most important part of a sandwich?The bread… that’s what makes it a sandwich!

Maclane is a senior Integrated Marketing Communications major at Winthrop University from Columbia, SC. Most of her time is spent doing homework or working. Maclane is obsessed with pugs, but she's slightly more obsessed with her little brother who means the world to her. Pizza is her absolute favorite! More favorites include naps, time spent with her friends, and still laughing at a joke 5 minutes after it's told. Maclane is a phenomenal writer who is comfortable writing about uncomfortable subjects. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: @maclaneriley and Snapchat: carleymacriley
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.