bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Websites to Educate Yourself for HC Mental Health Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

With HC Mental Health Week this week, my goal is to help educate people on what mental health is all about, and what roles EVERYONE can take in order to help those struggling. Either silently or aloud.

Mental Health is so important and everyone needs to educate themselves, so I came up with a list of websites that I think will do both educate, and help people struggling and not. 

These websites and links should/will help with:

• recognition of signs and symptoms
  • improving attitudes to self-help and help-seeking
  • feeling less alone.

Happify

Happify is a website with accompanying app that provides a range of ‘brain-training’ games and activities based on principles of positive psychology, with good links to the evidence base behind positive psychology practice. The aim of the program is to help users improve their ability to practice the five ‘essential’ skills of happiness – the ability to savor, thank, aspire, give and empathise. happify.com

Youtube | Kati Morton

A licensed therapist making Mental Health videos on Depression, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Self-Harm and more!

https://www.youtube.com/user/KatiMorton 

Nami 

NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.

https://www.nami.org

Crisis Text Line

Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis.

Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.

Crisis Text Line trains volunteers to support people in crisis. With over 54 million messages processed to date

https://www.crisistextline.org

81 Awesome Mental Health Resources When You Can’t Afford a Therapist

Everyone deserves to have access to help when they need it, here are some places to look before paying someone big bucks. I suggest trying multiple things to see what works best for you, because everyone is different. 

https://greatist.com/grow/resources-when-you-can-not-afford-therapy

There’s never nothing anyone can do to help.

Organizations are always looking for volunteers or donations to help fund their organizations. For those who may need to use these websites to seek help, just know that you are never alone and people want to help!

Happy Mental Health Week Collegiettes!! Don’t forget to share out articles this week to spread awareness!!

Paris Enthusiast. Macaron Lover. Lacrosse Player. Avid Photo Taker. Social Media Junkie. Travel Bug. ​ Born in Dallas Texas, but raised in the cities of West Chester, Pennsylvania, and Greenville, South Carolina. Ann Marie is a twenty-one year old student athlete living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major.  ​Currently, she is the Editor-in Chief, Campus Coorespondant and one of the social media directors of her college's Her Campus chapter where she edits articles, runs her chapter, and assists in running the Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Pinterest page. She also helps write articles with a team of 50+ writers who put out content daily. On top of Her Campus Winthrop and classes, Ann Marie plays on the Women's Lacrosse Team at Winthrop at the Division 1 level. Over the years, Ann Marie has learned the value of hard work, developed skills of teamwork, as well as expanded her knowledge marketing, writing, editing, publishing, social media and communication skills, which will give her the ability to be successful in any field.  Outside of her busy lifestyle, she enjoys being home with her family, dogs, and twin. On the weekends she likes to plan adventures with her friends and is on the ultimate search for America's best pistachio macaron, and dreams about going back to Paris, France and eat all the baguettes France has. Her dream is to inspire people and spread positivity while becoming a travel blogger taking pictures of her adventures and sharing them with the world. Ann Marie aspires to be like Blair Waldorf and can't live without her phone, french fries, Demi Lovato music, Gossip Girl, and of course chicken nuggets.