This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Being a transfer student can be scary but also an amazing experience!

Getting to know new people and new places can be SO exciting. Here are some helpful tips to get you through the transition while also getting involved on campus.

1. Get involved with clubs

Winthrop has a website that lists all the clubs that are on campus! There are roughly 160 clubs that are easy to join and are a great way to find a bunch of people that are interested in the same things! One of the easiest ways to get involved is through Greek life; there’s a total of 19 chapters on Winthrop’s campus!

2. Get to know your hall

The may be the most convenient, but also difficult thing to do! One tip is to leave your door open when you are in your dorm and have a sign that says “Say Hi! If door is open!” All RA’s do hall activities to get to know everyone, always attend those! Never be afraid to ask your neighbors questions about campus!

3. Get a study buddy

Find at least one person in each class and see if they need someone to study with! If they already have a group see if they are available to meet up! Even if they are not in your class meet people to study with!

4. Go to the free gym classes

Walk into the gym and they should have cards that show their free classes! All the classes are throughout the week and at different times! Working out by yourself can be scary so these classes help those who are looking for workout buddies!

5. Go to cultural events

As a Winthrop student you need to have 18 cultural credits to graduate! This is a great opportunity to meet people and get those credits out of the way! Students get weekly emails with the new updates of events that are happening around campus! Keep an eye out and see what interest you and go!

Collegiettes, don’t be scared to get out there and meet new people! Always stay up to date the events that are happening around campus and know that they’re a lot more transfer students out there looking to get invovled!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.