This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s that time of year again… finals week! 

*screams*

Don’t fret Collegiettes, you will survive this week, I promise you! These are a few tricks that we have up our sleeve to try and survive this dreaded week!

1. Make sure you get good rest.

Seriously, do not make the mistake of pulling an all-nighter. If you don’t know it by midnight odds are you won’t know it by tomorrow so do yourself a favor and prepare accordingly and rest up. Not to lecture you like your parent, but sleep really is vital this week it will help with metabolism, stress, anxiety and pretty much improve all brain functions!

2. Make a to-do list

A list is a great way to write out all your thoughts and make sure you have a good handle on what’s ahead of you. It’s a way to visually see what you have to do. Also, (admit it) it is extremely satisfying to cross off something that you accomplished – it’s the small victories.

3. Find a study buddy

Not doing so hot in a class? Go up to someone in there and ask if you want to study together this can help keep you and the other person accountable and stay on track. It’s sometimes better to talk about the material that you’re learning and who knows you might just make a new friend out of it. Along with that, there is no shame in asking for help if you need a tutor to make sure to prepare and get someone’s help before it’s too late. Utilize all your resources this week.

4. Get a good study spot

Get your coffee and headphones and just settle in for the next few hours. Finding a great quiet spot can make all the difference when it’s time to hit the books. Make sure to get a place early because it’s not always easy around this time to find a good spot but they are out there so come prepared

5. Make some time for yourself

It’s not always easy to do this under such stressful circumstances but even if it’s taking a long hot shower or putting on a relaxation mask before bed. Make sure you are not throwing away your mental health and throwing yourself to deeply in a frazzled state. You will get the grade you want, just remember to breathe.

If you can just survive this week, it is smooth sailing into winter break. Cookies and holiday fun are right around the corner, so don’t lose hope and keep your head held high with confidence. You know the material and will ace your finals.

Remember, Collegiettes, YOU’VE GOT THIS!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.