Style

5 Reasons To Paint A Cooler And How HC Krazy Glue Can Enhance It!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

My mother always said that a handmade gift is always worth more than something bought at a store. Painted coolers are something I never understood until I moved south and joined a sorority.

With every stroke of the paintbrush, it is kind of like showing appreciation to that person who receives the creation.

Also, who doesn’t want a cute and personal cooler to hold all over their favorite beverages!

1. Your Boyfriend Asked

Whether it be Mountain Weekend or a Saturday for the Boys, a cooler is the perfect way to transport their favorite drinks. I have heard horror stories and praises of glory from the EX who left his on a spring break beach to the man who still uses his years later.

2. Creative Gift

If you’re like me you have struggled to find a gift for the person you wish you could give the world to. A personalized cooler will add a special moment to an amazing honeymoon, fishing trips with your dad, or even your best friends 21st birthday. There are creative designs for every side of a cooler and even a Facebook page to help you plan it out. Already painted a cooler, try a flask, ‘bubba keg’ or even a pong table.

3. Greek Life

Fraternity formals and Big Little are prime cooler making seasons. Usually, a tradition is that the date will make the cooler if the fraternity member purchases the tickets for formal. To commemorate Big/Little reveal the Big would paint a cooler themed around all of the things their Little likes.  

4. Some ‘ME’ Time

I’m always looking for something new to make or a fun item I can add to my collection. I think my next project will be a cooler just for myself to take on spring breaks, days at the lake, and mountain trips. Not only can painting be stress relieving, but having a finished product you can show your friends is worth it.

5. Needed a Good Cry

The amount of sleep and tears I have lost due to painting coolers is almost unimaginable. Then add in the number of shirts I have ruined due to primer, paint, and sealer. Plus the number of beverages I needed to cope with something smudging just shows the stress of making a one of a kind creation. Thankfully the good in this situation usually outweighs the bad.

There are a few products that I love that just add to the process of cooler making like acrylic paint, spackle, and polyacrylic.

However recently I made a fraternity cooler and used something I’ve never used before, Krazy Glue!

Adding lights to a cooler can turn any moment into a party and I am so grateful for how well the all-purpose singles worked to keep the lights secure.

The glue was so easy to open and to apply. Glad I got to add an extra element to this cooler with the help of Krazy Glue.

HCXO Sleep deprived & covered in paint.

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.