4 Ways to Treat Yourself on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s Valentine’s season, Collegiettes, and that means different things for different people.

If you’re boo’d up, in a long-term relationship, or even just casually dating, Valentine’s Day may be super exciting. For all of you single ladies (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh), it can sometimes seem like a drag. But don’t let that stop you from having a fabulous Valentine’s Day full of love . . . the most important kind – self love! It’s time to treat yourself! 

1. Buy some delicious goodies, girl! 

There are so many scrumptious dessert and snack options out there for Valentine’s Day. And what better way to treat yourself than by food? The heart (and stomach) wants what it wants. Krispy Kreme is running a special on the cutest candy heart donuts. If there’s a Bojangles in your area, they offer heart shaped Bo-Berry biscuits during this time of year, and if you’re not down for either of those, you can find chocolates anywhere!

2. Go to the nail salon

There’s not many things that can make a girl feel better than having her nails done. We’re all queens and with a fresh set of nails, we will SLAY this Valentine’s Day. 

3. Take a bubble bath and relax

Relaxation time is key for self-care and treating yourself! Put some music on, light some candles, pour a hot bath, and take some time for yourself, Collegiettes. You deserve it. 

4. Have a Movie Marathon

Despite popular opinion, movies can be really fun to watch by yourself. You don’t have to worry about someone talking through the whole thing or any distractions. Put on your favorite comedies, rom-coms, whatever, and enjoy yourself! 

If you don’t have any plans this Valentine’s Day, plan a day for yourself! Go get your nails done, come home and take a relaxing bubble bath, snuggle in bed with your V-Day snacks, and watch movies for the rest of the night.

That literally sounds like the perfect day. Ladies, you can be your own Valentine! 

Chastity is a Corporate Finance student at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. While she's building her career as a business professional, she loves to cook, bake, read, and paint in her free time. Her obessions include, but are certainly not limited to - Jesus; her Yorkie pup, Max; Christmas; One Tree Hill; and holiday decorations. You can follow her on Instagram @chas.jones :)
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.