3 Adorable, Simple, & Delicious Treats to Bring to the Picnic this Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

There are a lot of super cute things associated with Easter and the spring season – bunnies, chicks, flowers, dyed eggs – the list goes on and on. But one of my favorites by far is the goodies! I’m a sucker for holiday-themed snacks, and Easter treats are at the top of my list. There are so many creative yet simple treats you bring to the table this year.

1. Mini Eggs Cookies

These cookies are the perfect combo of cute and tasty ~ a crowd pleaser for both adults and kiddos. 

Ingredients:  * 1 pack of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough * 1 cup of mini Cadbury eggs

Directions:  * Heat oven to 350 degrees. * Place Cadbury eggs into a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin * Mix crushed Cadbury eggs into sugar cookie dough * roll cookie dough into ½ inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on a non-stick baking pan * Bake for 10-12 minutes

2. Rice Krispies Nests

Rice Krispies Nests are so creative, so simple, and so delicious. What more could you ask for? 

Ingredients: * ¼ cup of butter * 4 cups mini marshmallows * 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal * Robin eggs, Cadbury eggs, or jelly beans

Directions: * melt the marshmallows and butter on the stove top on low and stir * as you stir add in the rice krispies slowly * put the rice krispies into a cupcake baking pan, leaving an indent in the middle * let the rice krispies cool * add the robin eggs or Cadbury eggs in the middle of the rice krispies nests 

3. Bunny Trail Mix

Bunny trail mix takes literally no time to make. It’s perfect for a yummy last minute edition to the menu. 

Ingredients: * 3 cups kettle corn popcorn * 1 cup bunny shaped pretzels (Annie’s brand or other) * 1 cup bunny shaped graham crackers (Annie’s brand or other) * 1 cup m&ms * 1 cup mini marshmallows

Directions: * simple mix all the ingredients into a bowl  * you may leave the bunny mix in a bowl or separate out into treat bags

Food, especially desserts, puts a smile on everyone’s face. Preparing cute snacks is one of my favorite ways to celebrate holidays, and with these 3 amazing recipes, you’ll take Easter picnic foods to a new level!

Chastity is a Corporate Finance student at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. While she's building her career as a business professional, she loves to cook, bake, read, and paint in her free time. Her obessions include, but are certainly not limited to - Jesus; her Yorkie pup, Max; Christmas; One Tree Hill; and holiday decorations. You can follow her on Instagram @chas.jones :)
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.