On September 11th, the 2017 Miss America Pageant was aired on ABC where the 96th Miss America was crowned in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Between the star-studded judges panel and the stunning 52 contestants, The Miss America Pageant was equipped with talent, style and a lot of sparkle. Millions tuned in to see which one of America’s most well-rounded women would become the next Miss America.
Here are 14 thoughts I had while watching the Miss America Pageant!
1. *Tailgates for Miss America because this is the Super Bowl of pageants.* (and by tailgate I mean grab some popcorn for the show!)
2. Can Ciara and Gabby Douglas compete for title of Miss America? Because they sure both look like a Miss America to me!
3. I can’t even believe how good they look…when the pre-show footage was filmed during a hurricane and the contestants still look flawless.
4. *Eats pizza while watching the swim suit competition.*
5. If these girls can walk in six inch heels in a swimsuit in front of millions of people, I can walk to class without tripping on my own feet.
6. If I had the body of these women, I would walk down the beach in my bathing suit all day, every day.
7. These evening gowns are breathtaking.
8. Simple, sophisticated and sassy Savvy Shields.
9. *Miss South Carolina walks on stage in evening gown–drops mic.*
10. Can I get married in Miss Mississippi’s talent gown?
11. Work that tutu, Miss Iowa.
12. The on-stage question portion of the competition makes me nervous and I’m not even competing.
13. The fact that these women can answer these on-stage questions in front of millions of people and be so articulate in their answers blows my mind. #ladybosses
14. I don’t know what’s more nerve wracking—the crowning moment, or my final exams.
Congratulations to Miss South Carolina, Rachel Wyatt, for winning first-runner-up, and Savvy Shields, Miss Arkansas, for being crowned Miss America 2017! We can’t wait to see what you do with your title!