Stages of Finals Week: As Told by The Hunger Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

It’s that point in the semester . . . the point where everything is wrapping up to the most dreaded part: finals week. Here are the stages of finals week as told by The Hunger Games:

1.   Panic

What do you study for first? How are you going to meet with all of your groups? What if you fail your final? Is it too late to drop out of college now?

2.   Avoidance

Do you really need to study for that final? What is the lowest score you can get in order to not fail the class? Do you really need college when there are other options?

3.   Sadness

All you want to do is cry. You know you are going to fail and no amount of studying is going to change that.

4.   We are all in this together

When you look across the library and see that everybody is in the exact same boat as you.

5.   Relief

All your exams are over and there is nothing else you can do. But now you get a month off!

Good luck on your finals collegiates, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.