This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Winter is coming! The cold is settling in and our bones are getting chilly. A good way to keep the cold away is to have one warm drink a day! These are my top 6 hot drink choices to try when feeling the chill. 

1. Milk and Honey

I adopted this drink from watching Ponya. Heat up some milk and add a spoonful of honey to the milk. If you want to add some more flavor you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top. 

1. London Fog

A London Fog is an earl grey tea with frothed milk and a bit of vanilla. It is a bit on the sweeter side and if it’s not sweet enough, you can put some more sweetener in. I like to drink these on snowy or rainy days. 

1. Hot Chocolate

Grab your favorite packet of hot chocolate and add some whip cream and marshmallows to the top. 

1. Honey Tea

I love different concoctions of honey tea. One of my favorites is taking a mint tea packet and adding a generous amount of honey to it. I also do this with my lavender tea. 

1. Hot Cider

Hot apple cider is a great choice for chasing away the cold as well. I would recommend adding whip cream and caramel to add some sweetness. 

1. Coffee

I tend to drink coffee black due to me not having time to add other things and needing to run out of the house. But if black coffee is too bitter, try adding some caramel or vanilla syrup. 

1. Chai Tea

Chai tea starts with a mixture of black tea and milk. Then spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, and cloves are added to create a cup full of deliciousness.

When the cold days become more persistent, I hope these recommendations can help create a comfortable ambiance.

I am an Applied and Professional Writing Major at Winona State University. I enjoy writing and art during my free hours. A fun fact is that I am nicknamed "Mom" by my roommates.