From Heartbroken to Healed: 25 Songs for the Post-Breakup Feelings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Sometimes the best way to get over a break-up is to listen to some awesome soundtracks. Here is a list of 25 songs that I think could be a great addition to any break-up playlist.

Blackberries’—Emily Blue

This song is a personal favorite after a breakup.

I’m Good’—Wafia

This song is very empowering song, especially after a breakup. 

Wide Open Spaces’—Dixie Chicks

This is a classic song about a girl who needs to find her own path.

Babydoll’—Dominic Fike

This song has more of a sad, edgy vibe if you’re trying to get over your significant other.

We Lied to Each Other’— Olivia O’Brien

Great sing along about two people who had walls built up couldn’t open up and be honest to each other because of it.

Francis Forever’—Mitski

This song speaks about how you don’t need people to acknowledge where you are in life; instead, you can do it yourself even if you are still struggling to move on.

All I Wanted’—Paramore

More of a sad tone. It spoke to me when my special someone wasn’t ready to be serious. 

Hate to See Your Heart Break’—Paramore

If you’re the breakup initiator, this song could be for you.

I Look So Good (Without You)’—Jessie James

Classic breakup song. Very empowering! The title speaks for itself. 

Before You Go’—Lewis Capaldi

Lose You to Love Me’—Selena Gomez

This is all about self-love after a breakup; it has a very positive outlook. 

Slide Away’—Miley Cyrus

Your Shirt’— Chelsea Cutler

Good for reminiscing about the good times. Also, a bop. 

Be Alright’—Dean Lewis

Irreplaceable’—Beyoncé

Really Don’t Care’—Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd

Take a Bow’—Rihanna

Breakaway’—Kelly Clarkson

Already Gone’—Kelly Clarkson

Ex still pining after you but you’re over it or better off without them? Have a listen.

Hide the Wine’—Carly Pearce

Don’t let country scare you off, this song smacks. If you’re still trying to cut ties with an ex-lover, this is for you.

The First Cut is the Deepest’—Sheryl Crow

Going through a first breakup? Or a new pain after a breakup? This one’s for you.

Since U Been Gone’—Kelly Clarkson

Needed Me’—Rihanna

Title says it all. You didn’t need them, they needed you. 

Part of Me’—Katy Perry

Before He Cheats’—Carrie Underwood

Again, don’t let country music scare you off. Let out the anger of them doing you dirty. 

Next time you’re feeling a little blue, throw one of these bops on and let the music work its magic.

Jenna is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Social Work with a minor in Sociology. She hopes to go on to get her Masters and become a clinical social worker working with teens. Jenna was born and raised in Eagan, MN. In her free time she enjoys anything outdoors, painting, singing, and learning about astrology. On her page you will find a range of articles from astrology, to listicles, to serious topics.
My name is Hannah Hippensteel, and I like to say I'm a Chicago city-slicker, but I'm actually from the 'burbs. I'm currently a senior at Winona State with a major in mass communication-journalism and a minor in sociology. Catch me enjoying all Winona has to offer: the bluffs, the incomparable Bloedow's Bakery, and not to mention, Minnesota boys. With a goal of working at Teen Vogue, Seventeen or Glamour magazine, I'm soaking up every opportunity to keep my finger on the pulse and share my personal voice!