This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Are you or anyone you know interested in winning a $100 scholarship or are looking to get more involved in the Winona State community?

Every spring semester, Winona State University’s local sorority Phi Theta Chi holds a contest to find those who will be our three male representatives, also known as our “sweethearts.” These sweethearts will be the faces of our sorority, getting to know our sisters and helping the community become more aware of our sorority. I am the newly elected Phi Thet’s Phinest chair, and I couldn’t be more excited about it!

Applications are live and will be due no later than March 10th at 10 PM so I can review them and select our finalists, based on how many applications my committee receives.

After choosing the finalists, they will begin the amazing journey of getting to know our sisters, as well as getting paired with a coach who will teach them all they need to know about our sorority! In April, a banquet will be held to crown our new sweethearts: first place will be Mr. Phi Thet and will be awarded with a $100 scholarship as well as having the honors of wearing our letters, second place is Mr. Congeniality, and third place is Mr. Chi.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at Awestphal16@winona.edu.

I look forward to getting to know you!

Sources

1

Allie is a senior at Winona State, majoring in Social Work and minoring in Child Advocacy Studies. If a professional were to ask her what her goals in life were, she'd probably tell them that she wants to work in a high school helping teens. However, her less-professional goals are to own a Tesla and to shop exclusively at Target and Ikea. In her free time, Allie can usually be found scrolling through TikTok and fighting social injustices, both of which are known to make her late to work.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.