This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Relaxing through coloring has become a popular activity. Many clubs have arisen in many communities. That is what made counselor Lynda Brzezinski create the Color and Connect group on Mondays from 3-4. Lynda attended a similar group at her community library and thought it was a “great way to meet others and relax.” The group meets in the relaxation room on the second floor of the Wellness Center. Anyone is welcome and the coloring supplies are provided. Lynda will even copy a sheet for you out of one of the coloring books for the next week.

When you walk in the room Lynda will give you a warm welcome. Then you pick out a pattern that you want to color. She has twistable crayons, markers, and colored pencils. There are a variety of hard surfaces to use. Pick a seat and start to relax!

Those who were there said that they come to the group to relax. They also come for the fun, always-flowing conversation and to meet new people. The atmosphere is so laid back; it really is stress-free. It is definitely a strong way to end a Monday. Grab your friends and head down for next week’s gathering.

As a first time participant, I did not know what to expect. I am honestly really glad that I went! It was a lot of fun. We talked about weekend plans, horror movies, Halloween, and a variety of other topics. I never would have thought that I would laugh so hard with complete strangers. I would recommend going to everyone!

This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.