This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

I was first introduced to the “Lego: Botanical Collection Flower Bouquet” through Tiktok. It piqued my interest from the handful of videos I saw, and my significant other ended up buying it for me. The flowers themselves are 3 roses, 2 snapdragons, a lavender, an aster, 2 common daisies, and a california poppy–as well as some filler leaves. This is a review of the activity and a few helpful tips that I picked up while working on it.

Review 

With two people working on it, it took us about an hour and a half to finish. We were able to work together and get the project done in one sitting. It seemed daunting when we first opened the box, but it was done pretty easily and the directions were very clear.

The actual building was really fun, and it took a lot less time than I thought it would. For looks, not all of the flowers are winners in my opinion. Some of the ‘filler’ pieces of it were boring, but put together, they looked okay. 

The flowers themselves had vibrant colors that were fun to display. Something that I did not expect was the vase that I would need for them, the flowers were heavy and tipped over the original container that I had planned to put them in. The book of directions has all of the real flower names as well as some information on them as well which was a nice touch. 

I didn’t play with Lego bricks much as a kid, and I still thought that it was pretty easy to build. Overall I really enjoyed doing it, and I would recommend it to both Lego and flower lovers. 

Tips for success

As I mentioned before, the flowers were heavier than I expected, but I found a pretty easy alternative for a normal vase. I ended up sticking rolls of pennies that I had into the vase where they would not be visible and could keep the vase standing. This worked really well as it also helped me arrange the flowers in a way that I liked and kept them in place. 

Another thing I found helpful was using bowls to keep the smaller pieces in; some of the pieces were really small, and I have a nosy feline who kept interrupting. The bowls helped keep the pieces in an easy-to-reach place where my cat couldn’t push them around. 

My last tip may seem like common sense, but I made this mistake: do the project on a flat surface and not a carpeted floor. I had more space on the floor, but I kept dropping pieces and almost lost a couple. It ended up okay, but if I were to do this again, I would definitely work on a desk or table. 

Final Remarks

I really loved doing this; it was a fun project for my significant other and I to work on together. Another bonus is that I have cute ‘flowers’ to sit on my desk that won’t die if I forget about them. 

I would recommend this as a gift for someone else or as something to buy for yourself. I got it as an early Valentine’s Day gift, but I personally think it is something that would be fun to get at any time of the year.

Hi! My name is Calista Smude and I am a Communication and Literature teaching major with a creative writing minor at Winona State University. I am technically a sophomore but I already have my AA degree. After college, my plan is to teach highschool English and try to get some of the things I write published. In my free time, I am usually reading or writing something interesting, but I also spend a lot of time watching TV, playing video games and spending time with family, friends, and my six year old grey tabby named Ellie!