Why Your Gal Pals are so Important, as Told by Sex and The City Gifs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Men will come and go….but your gal pals are forever. Seriously though: who’s there to pick up your heart when it’s been stomped on by a f*ckboy? Your best girls. Who is by your side when faced with some of the hardest decisions in life? Your go-to girls. Sometimes you need a little encouragement to get to the bottom of that bottle of wine- and you got it, your besties are cheering you on right to the finish line. Who better to prove our point than one of the most iconic girl-groups ever? Here are some of the best things about your gal pals- as told by our queens from Sex and the City.

You all share the same frustrations and can rant about them together.

Best friends will not judge your shitty habits. Ordering UberEats three days in a row? Been there. One more day won’t hurt.

Your besties will encourage you to embrace every bit of yourself, and let the rest fall into place on its own.

Your girl gang is the FIRST to notice your new haircut, tell you your lip colour is bomb and tell you that you look hot. ALWAYS.

In need of some retail therapy? Your girls got your back.

Forgotten what’s most important in life? Your girls are there to remind you to put yourself first.

They’ve got advice that is tried, true & tested.

You can share the same terrible morning hangover experience together. At brunch preferably.

You can always count on them to despise the guy who broke your heart just as much as you do, if not more.

And while you’re all a little cynical, your friends are there to remind you that not every relationship will end in heartbreak.

Carrie Bradshaw said it best- “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams fade, trends come and go, but friendship never goes out of style.”

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.
Jenna Weishar

Wilfrid Laurier

Fourth year, 20-something year old Psychology and Sociology Major at Wifrid Laurier University. Sorority Girl. Lover of Grey's Anatomy, the Bachelor/Bachelorette, and Sex and the City. Relies heavily on caffeine to get through the day, and wine at night. Follow me on Instagram: @jennaweishar and Twitter: @jennaweishar