This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Since 2017, more than 400 hours of content is uploaded to YouTube every minute! YouTube, in the 12 years it has been around has been one of the fastest growing industries. It has led to a variety of content online. From fashion bloggers to influencers, to makeup artists, to viral videos, and even celebrities… this is a breakdown of the top Youtubers right now and why you should be watching them.

Jenna Marbles

With over 17 million subscribers she is one of the top YouTubers right now. She makes videos on “what girls do/ what guys do” as well as content on her dogs, and just anything crazy she can come up with.

Zoella

This lifestyle/fashion blogger has racked up an impressive 12.1 million subscribers on YouTube. Everything from her everyday life, to red carpet events, Zoella always has the best style and fashion advice. 

NikkieTutorials 

One of my personal favourites, Nikkie De Jager aka Nikkitutorials, is a Dutch makeup artist who has over 11 million YouTube subscribers. She’s worked with everyone from Drew Barrymore to Kim Kardashian and her looks are absolutely amazing! 

Jeffree Star

It is almost impossible to only pick two makeup artists on YouTube because all of them are truly amazing. Jeffree Star was an obvious choice though, with over 10 million subscribers, Jeffree not only is an expert in anything and everything makeup, but he gives his viewers insight into his luxurious life. 

David Dobrik

David Dobrik is a YouTube influencer. He entertains his 9.6 million subscribers with wild pranks, and lots of laughs between him and his friends. He is famous for his daily vlogs which are 4 minutes and 20 seconds exactly! Uploading 3-4 times a week, he is on his way to becoming one of the most famous YouTube influencers. 

PewDiePie

Currently holding the top spot for the most subscribed channel on Youtube at 66.4 million, PewDiePie is a video game commentator. His uploads consist of friends playing video games while he commentates and makes jokes. A comedian turned YouTuber, he is sure to make you laugh. 

Justin Bieber 

Although inactive lately, Justin Bieber still holds one of the highest spots in YouTube. The Canadian born singer’s channel has 44.7 million subscribers, seems like the bops from the past still continue to be a fan favourite. 

This is just a small list of some of the best YouTubers online. One of the best parts of YouTube is that there are so many different channels and content that there is sure to be something for everyone! 

Hi, my name is Lauren Kohn and I am a second year Communication Studies student at Laurier. I love writing and giving advice to my peers as well as making new relationships!
Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.