Spoon Csu-Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Brook Buchan / Spoon
Wellness > Health

The Best Gluten-Free Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Whether you’re trying to eat less gluten or have celiac disease like me, here are a few of my favourite gluten-free recipes!

Breakfast

Egg Bites

Egg bites are a great way to get protein in the morning and can be customized with any toppings you like! One of the easiest and fastest ways to make the perfect egg bites is with this egg bite maker, but you can also make them in a muffin tin with the recipe linked above. They can also be frozen and microwaved earlier for quick and easy meal prep!

Three Ingredient Banana Pancakes

These three-ingredient banana pancakes are also so quick, delicious and easy! I recommend blending the oats to make oat flour for a smoother pancake and adding lots of whipped cream, maple syrup and any other toppings you have.

Lunch/ Dinner

Burrito Bowls

I love Chipotle burrito bowls but they’re pretty pricey and I don’t have a Chipotle near me, so I started making them at home! When I’m feeling fancy (and I have a little extra time), I’ll make  Spanish rice using this recipe but regular rice tastes just as great. I like to use rice as a base, but greens could also easily be substituted. Burrito bowls are also a great way to use up fruits and vegetables like corn, tomatoes, avocado, mango and more. You can also add whatever protein you have on hand, just like the recipe says.

Salmon Bowls

Another one of my favourite dinners is salmon bowls and this is the best, easiest salmon recipe! You can add any toppings you’d like but I normally have mine with rice and add cucumber, avocado, carrots, broccoli and edamame. Gluten-free soy sauce (or tamari), sriracha and kewpie mayo are my go-to sauces for these bowls!

Dessert

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are some of the most delicious cookies I’ve ever had! I recommend using rolled oats and baking them for six or seven minutes instead of the 10-12 minutes in the recipe. The peanut butter can also be substituted for any nut butter and tastes just as great!

Magnolia Bakery’s Banana Pudding

Magnolia Bakery’s famous banana pudding is one of the best desserts on the planet and POPSUGAR’s copy-cat recipe basically tastes the same. Okay, I’ll admit this recipe takes a lot of time and effort, but I swear it’s worth it! To make it gluten-free, simply substitute the Nilla wafers in the recipe with gluten-free cookies; my favourite ones are these Schar cookies.

Gluten-Free Oreo Cheesecake

This gluten-free Oreo cheesecake  recipe is great for birthdays or any special occasion! A high-speed blender can also be used instead of a food processor. I recommend making it a day before serving to give the cake time to set.

These are just a few of my favourite gluten-free recipes from over the years, but I’m excited to test out and try some new ones over reading week!

Aarti Sayal

Wilfrid Laurier '23

hi! <3 I love fashion, books and my dog Rocky. I'm also a Leo sun, Cancer rising and Pisces moon!