Some Books to Keep you Warm in the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Books can be your friends, your very best friend — and in one of the coldest winters to come, they will be able to help warm you up. Whether you like to read fiction or non-fiction, there’s always a book for you. A book to keep you warm in the harshest of days.

Good and Mad: The Revolutionary Power of Women’s Anger by Rebecca Traister 

This book came out at the start of October and it’s more relevant now than ever. For a good read on why it is the time for women to revolt, flip through this book while staying snug and warm in front of the fireplace. 

Some similar books: 

This Will Be My Undoing: Living at the Intersection of Black, Female, and Feminist in (White) America by Morgan Jenkins

A Girl’s Guide to Joining the Resistance: A Feminist Handbook on Fighting for Good by Emma Gray

Strip: The Making of a Feminist by Catlyn Ladd

Cunt, 20th Anniversary Edition: A Declaration of Independence by Inga Muscio

Don’t Call Me Princess: Essays on Girls, Women, Sex and Life by Peggy Orenstein 

The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer​
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee 

Chronicling the life of a Korean immigrant in twentieth-century Japan, this book explores all of the levels of a complex life in the midst of so much change — both personal and nationwide. 

Some similar books: 

From Here and There: Diaspora Policies, Integration, and Social Rights Beyond Borders by Alexandre Délano Alonso

I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez

The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin.

The highly anticipated sixth installation of his A Song of Ice and Fire series has finally hit bookstores everywhere — and this is bound to be helpful in solving the cliff-hangers of the last season of the HBO hit series, Game of Thrones.

Some similar books: 

The Reluctant Swordsman by Dave Duncan

The Time of the Dark by Barbara Hambly

The Dragon’s Path by Daniel Abraham

The Worm Ouroboros by E. R. Eddison

God of Shadows by Lorna Crozier

Poetry books are simply books that are full of song lyrics with no tune and they don’t get nearly as much love and recognition as they deserve. It offers a mixture of this world and other worlds and it might have been a perfect read for a cold October night, but it will be just as nice to read with a cup of hot chocolate. 

Some similar books: 

Ghost Of by Diana Khoi 

If They Come for Us: Poems by Fatimah Asghar 

Indecency by Justin Phillip

Kawthar Fedjki

Wilfrid Laurier '20

kat who likes cats. 20. psychology student. infp-t. gemini. gryffindor.
Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.