This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Here are a few things you can do in Waterloo when you have some downtime in between studying, midterms and classes!  
St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market

This is an all-year-round experience, where many vendors from all over the area bring their best and freshest farm foods, hand-made or imported goods and thrifted items, like books and clothes. After browsing and shopping through the wide array of stores, you can enjoy some food from the many ready-to-eat places available! The market is open every Saturday and Thursday — rain or shine.

The Waterloo Region Museum 

If you’re looking to keep up your education, you can enjoy the largest community museum in the whole province. The museum showcases the region’s rich and long history, with displays on Waterloo Region, Doon Heritage Village, the Waterloo Region Hall of Fame — and so much more!

Laser Quest 

For anyone who might be unfamiliar with the concept, it’s basically hide-and-seek meets tag, with a high-tech twist. If you’ve ever wanted to recreate your tenth birthday — you know, the one you had when you were in the prime of your “Kim Possible” phase — then this is the place for you.

Screampark

To properly get into the spooky season spirit, take a trip to Screampark, the annual horror experiment held at Bingeman’s. The park is made up of nine consecutive super scary testing sites that will make your bones jump out of your skin; to put it simply, it’s not for the faint of heart. 

Escape rooms

For those looking for a hard puzzle to solve in a locked room with multiple people, this is definitely the thing to do. Waterloo has multiple exciting escape rooms, all with different themes and concepts to choose from. This activity is enjoyed the most with a group, so grab your friends and head to the nearest escape room for some riddle-filled fun!

Go to the movies!

Another easy way to pass the time and still have fun is to go to the movies! Waterloo has several movies theatres, with a few just a few minutes away from campus, such as Galaxy Cinemas and Princess Cinemas. 

P.S: Hell Fest, a new movie about a serial killer attacking a horror-themed amusement park, might be spook season appropriate.  

There you have it, six things to do in Waterloo! 

Kawthar Fedjki

Wilfrid Laurier '20

kat who likes cats. 20. psychology student. infp-t. gemini. gryffindor.
Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.