andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

This Is A Shout Out to My Ex: Reasons Why You’re Better Off Without Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Boys are great sometimes, but other times they can completely suck. Breakups are hard, but when it wasn’t what you wanted, it could be all that much harder. Just like everything you might have going on, you can look at the negatives, OR make the best out of every situation that comes your way. Here are a few things to remember after being dumped….especially about why you are SO much better without him!

In Need of Some You Time

Being single means focusing on YOU. You now have the time to worry about yourself, and no one else. This can mean anything from getting back into hobbies, or even focusing more on school. Treat yourself a little! It might be weird being alone at the beginning, but sometimes a little you time is all you need.

Constant GNO’s

There is no better cure to being down in the dumps than a good night with the girls. Being single means not having to miss girl’s night for your boy toy. Getting dressed up and doing your makeup is the BEST feeling. Go out, get lit, take lots of pictures, and enjoy every second of it! While you’re at it, make sure you post all of those pictures on social media so he sees what he’s missing. Going out with your girls is always a good time, and now, you have so much more time for it. 

You’ll Find Good Sex Again, Don’t Worry

Not always admitted, but definitely a concern. Sex with your boyfriend was probably (or hopefully) really good! When you get out of a relationship, the thought always crosses your mind that you’ll never find anything like it again. Don’t you worry though. There are plenty of talented fish in the sea, you’ll be ok. I promise. However, he might not, because you’re fantastic.

You’ll Find A Better Cuddle Buddy

Dead nights where nothing was going on was usually boyfriend night. These nights are going to be hard at the beginning and will feel a little lonely, but do not worry. They will get easier! Finding yourself a new cuddle buddy is definitely a good idea for these nights. Watching a movie with friends or family, or even hanging out with a pet so you’re not alone is definitely a good option. Dogs are better cuddlers than boys anyway. Keep yourself distracted!

Your Mascara is TOO Expensive to Cry Over Him

You did NOT do your make up so well today for him to ruin it. Any boy that makes you cry is so not worth it, and is definitely not one worth having around. Your mascara is way too expensive and nicely done for some stupid boy to ruin it, and don’t ever forget it!

At the end of the day, the truth is breakups are kinda sucky. They can get you down and put you in a bad mood, but don’t you worry! Over time things will get better. Boys can suck A LOT, but you’ll get yourself through it, and realize you are SO much better off without him. 

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.