This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Spooky season is finally upon us as we count down the days ’til All Hallows’ Day — and the best way to celebrate anything is music! You can jam out to these songs all day, whether you’re studying, at the gym or getting ready to head out to a Halloween party with your friends! The choices range from classics, like Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” to relatively new bops by well-known and obscure artists.

1. Thriller by Michael Jackson – a must-have for every and all Halloween themed playlists.

2. Witchcraft by Frank Sinatra – P.S.: the cover by Bohnes is a good listen as well!

3. Season of the Witch by Donovan – for that 60’s witchy vibe.

4. Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) by The Yeah Yeah Yeah’s – another staple on all spooky playlists.

5. I Put a Spell on You by Nina Simone

6. E.T. by Katy Perry

7. Follow Me Down by Neon Hitch featuring 30h3! – for a fun, quirky twist.

8. Where is My Mind by Eurythmics – this song has many, many covers that are just as good and spooky season appropriate as the original, but they would need a whole separate playlist just to get through them all. Two covers that are season appropriate and deserve shout-outs are:

– Where is My Mind by Yoav & Emily Browning

– Where is My Mind by Safari Riot ft. Grayson Sanders, which was featured on the promotional trailer for the new Netflix series “The Innocents.”

9. Demons by Sleigh Bells

10. Cannibal by Kesha

11. Disturbia by Rihanna – a major throwback bop that never fails to make a Spooktacular night!

12. Poor Unfortunate Souls by The Jonas Brothers – even though they are no longer a group, the brothers came out with this iconic song for the soundtrack of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”

13. Ghostbusters Theme Song by Ray Parker Jr. – who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

14. Superstition by Stevie Wonder – it’s a very superstitious time of the year, so this song might help you ward off the evil.

15. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell

16. Highway to Hell by AC/DC

17. Evil in the Night by Adam Lambert

18. Marry the Night by Lady Gaga

19. Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett

20. Zombie by The Cranberries – for all you unrequited lovers out there.

21. Only You by The Pretty Reckless

22. Halloween Theme by John Carpenter

23. Time Warp from The Rocky Horror Picture Show

24. Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads

25. Psycho by Lauren Aquilina

26. Haunted by Beyoncé – always saving best for last …

There you have it, 26 songs that might just make your Halloween night just a little bit spookier!

Kawthar Fedjki

Wilfrid Laurier '20

kat who likes cats. 20. psychology student. infp-t. gemini. gryffindor.
Madeline McInnis

Wilfrid Laurier '19

Madeline graduated from the BA+MA program at Wilfrid Laurier University in 2020. In her undergraduate degree, she majored in Film Studies and History with a specialization in film theory. She later completed her Master's of English degree, where she wrote her thesis on the construction of historical memory and realism in war films. If you're looking for a recommendation for a fountain pen or dotted notebook, she should be your first line of contact.