MANDATORY Movies You Should Have Seen Already

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

There are so many movies that are considered classics. The movies that will always put a smile on your face, and the movies that you have probably watched SO many times that you know half, if not all, of the lines. You have the sound track downloaded on your phone, and once one of the songs come on, it instantly brings a smile to your face. These are some of the MANDATORY movies that if you haven’t seen already, you MUST.

Mean Girls

This movie is “so fetch” and is a must see!

John Tucker Must Die

This cuffing season, figure out how to avoid and handle any f*ck boys you may come across, like John Tucker.

Bring It On

We all like a little friendly competition, or not so friendly.

How to Lose a Guy In 10 Days

One of the most classic chick flicks. It’s perfect for Netflix and chilling and the ending will definitely leave you with a smile.

Legally Blonde

If Elle can go to Harvard law, I can get through midterms! The perfect movie to watch during a study break!

Clueless

An oldie, but definitely a goodie!

Ella Enchanted

Reality is hard sometimes, we all need a little magic in our lives!

A Cinderella Story

We’re all looking for a Prince Charming to sweep us off of our feet, especially if he looks like Chad Michael Murray.

She’s the Man

It’s based off of Shakespeare’s play Twelfth Night, so it’s basically school work, right?

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen

Can you say girls’ night in? You and your friends will definitely end up having a sing along.

The Princess Diaries

Because we all have an inner princess inside of us.

The Lizzie McGuire Movie

This movie is “what dreams are made of,” and will definitely leave you singing for a while. #f*ckpaolo

13 Going on 30

Because when we’re 30, we should all be flirty and thriving!

These movies will always be a staple for any girls’ night, or when you just need a pick me up! They’ll always leave you smiling, or shedding a happy tear or two! They might be oldies, but they will never get old.

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.