This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Being Jewish definitely has its perks, but we’ve always wondered what a true Christmas is like. Going to university, you are always going to experience those firsts, and this was one for us! Meeting so many new people and making so many new friends came with a whole new world of different cultures and traditions. This year we got an inside scoop on our roommates’ traditional Christmas, and we were so excited to be a part of it. Here are a few of our favourite things that we learned to love during our preparation for our first Christmas!

Christmas Music

One thing we learned is that it is NEVER too early to start your Christmas music dance parties. Definitely never too soon to start letting all of your floor mates know that Santa Clause is coming to town!

Christmas Movies

There is nothing better than putting on comfy PJ’s and snuggling up on the couch with all of your friends to watch classic Christmas movies. What’s Christmas without watching Elf?

Decorating

We were lucky enough to decorate our first Christmas tree the right way! With Christmas music playing and the fireplace channel on the TV, we truly had the full experience. The tree below is ACTUALLY in our res room right now, and as you can see, Ann was really excited.

Gingerbread!

Building a gingerbread house is fun and yummy! Something so fun to do with a bunch of friends!

Secret Santa Planning

Getting together and giving your BFF’s gifts is always a cute idea! It’s even more fun when you receive your gift!

Bonding Time

This is prime cuddle time. Hot chocolate, fluffy PJ’s and all, this is the best time to be with the ones you love and enjoy the Christmas season. After all, it is the most wonderful time of the year!

Overall, we are pretty obsessed with Christmas. The lights, trees, candy, it is all so much fun! We were so glad we got to experience the holiday, and learn all of the amazing traditions! Being able to celebrate a variety of holidays is always amazing, especially when you’re doing it with friends. And hey, it’s just another day of presents!

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.