This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Gossip Girl will forever and always be a classic; if you have not seen, you must, and if you have, it’s time to re-watch. With all of the drama, romance and gossip, the show is full of surprises and is constantly leaving watchers filled with suspense. Through all of the drama though, there are many lessons we can learn from Manhattan’s elite.

Never forget who you are.

In life, people will always try to pull you down, and say whatever they can to make this happen, but do not let them. Never forget who you are, and always be proud of that person.

Make sure your significant other always treats you like the princess that you are.

You deserve the world and everything it has to offer, and no one can take that away from you. Make sure you are always being treated like the princess that you are.

Appreciate your friends and all that they do for you.

Having good friends is one of the best gifts anyone can ever have. Make sure you appreciate the good friends that you have, and everything that they do for you.

There is always time for a quick shopping spree.

Shopping is the best form of therapy, and the best pass time. There is always time for a quick shopping spree, and it will always make you feel better.

Learn your drinking limits.

Drinking too much can lead to some sticky, sticky situations. Make sure you learn your limits so your nights outs are ones that you want to and do remember!

Macaroons make everything better.

A sweet treat can take you out of any funk, and distract you from the mood you might be in. Macaroons do the trick ALWAYS, and they’re pretty, too.

Own up to your mistakes.

Avoiding problems will only make them worse. Apologizing and telling the truth when you have done something wrong is the best and only way to solve an issue and avoid it growing into something it doesn’t need to grow into.

Don’t hide from your feelings.

Always be true to yourself, and what your heart is telling you. Admitting your feelings is the first step in tackling them and figuring out the meaning behind them. Hiding from them will only make things worse!

Girl time is ALWAYS needed.

Life can be too much sometimes, but the best way to calm down from anything is a good night with your girls. Whether you’re staying in, or going out, your friends will always find a way to put a smile on your face.

Always make time for your family.

Family time is always important. Friends may come and go, but your family will always be there for you, no matter how bad you might have messed up. Make sure you make time for them and let them know how much you truly care about them.

Limos can be used for more than transportation.

As we have seen many times in the show, limos are great for many things, not just transportation!

Money can’t buy happiness.

Although shopping is fun, money can’t buy you happiness and solve all of your problems. There is more to life than the materialistic aspects of it, and the majority of the amazing things life has to offer can’t be bought.

Fairy tales do come true…well at least sometimes.

Things will always get better, and whatever is supposed to happen will. Fairy tales do come true sometimes, and even if they don’t, it was probably for the best. Appreciate the things that do go well and as planned, and accept things when they don’t.

Remember, someone is always watching.

Make sure all decisions you make are ones that you are proud of. Unfortunately, the truth always finds its way out. Be proud of you and everything you decide to do!

The show has more to offer than just hot boys and dramatic girls. There are many things we can learn from all of the GG characters, and they are lessons we can keep with us all the time. Some of them we might not always pick up on, but if we pay attention, there are many important things that these Upper East siders have to teach us. You know you love her, XOXO, Gossip Girl.

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.