burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Style: Denim Skirts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Once again, fashion proves truly how cyclical it is by having us wishing we held on to our denim skirts of the 2000s. We know what you’re thinking, “How can we possibly think of the denim skirt as trendy rather than associating it with flashbacks of Laguna Beach and Abercrombie & Fitch catalogues?” Well collegiettes, the comeback of the denim skirt has blown up our Instagram feeds and has time and time again attested to be one of the most stylish pieces to add to our Fall wardrobes.           

From button up fronts, distressed black denim, and chic high waisted options, there is a denim skirt out there for every fashionista’s personal taste. Our best style tip for this piece is to keep it simple and allow the skirt itself to be the statement of the outfit. The most trendy style gurus pair denim skirts with simple tees or sneakers and allow the skirt to shine through as the focal point! Street style bloggers, off-duty models, and A-list celebrities are rocking this recent trend flawlessly, and now you can too with Her Campus’ guide for styling the denim skirt.

Boxy T-Shirt

An effortless yet chic way to pull together a last minute outfit is adding a structured t-shirt to the denim skirt. Throw on some black booties and head out the door looking fabulous in less than 5 minutes

Sneakers

A classic pair of white kicks works flawlessly to dress down a denim skirt for running errands and casual days on campus.

Bomber Jacket

A perfect way to rock a skirt yet still stay warm this Fall season is the iconic bomber jacket. Layering is key when deciding on outfits for unpredictable September weather.

Belt

Adding a belt creates visual interest by cinching in the waist and cultivates western vibes that are all the rage this season.

Over The Knee Boots

It’s totally possible to rock a denim skirt on a night out! Pair with over-the-knee boots to instantly create a more formal and alluring look.

Collegiettes, rock a denim skirt like a pro this Fall, and welcome back to another season of style guides for creating the trendiest outfits on campus! xo

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem