This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you’re looking for a treat to make for your friends and family during this holiday season, this recipe is perfect for you. These snowmen cake pops are an easy and festive treat to make for any holiday gathering!

To begin, you will need the following ingredients:

–       1 box of cake mix and ingredients required

–       1 tub of cake icing

–       mini Oreos

–       white chocolate

Step 1: Bake a cake according to package directions. You may use whatever flavour you prefer, but I used rainbow chip for mine. Once the cake is finished baking, allow for it to cool off completely. 

Step 2: Break the cake apart completely in a large bowl until it becomes fine crumbs. You may use a mixer or food processor for this part if you would like something easier.

Step 3: Add a couple scoops of icing to the crumbs and mix well. You’re going to have to get your hands dirty for this part in order to make the dough-like mixture. 

Step 4: Roll the dough into small balls and put them in the fridge to become slightly hardened. While they are cooling, you can prepare the chocolate coating. In a bowl, microwave your chocolate for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each 30-second interval to avoid burning the chocolate. 

Step 5: Once the cake pops have cooled, roll them in your now melted chocolate and place them on a cookie sheet. Before the chocolate dries, add an Oreo to the top for the snowman’s top hat. When the chocolate dries, you will then be able to decorate the snowman’s face with coloured icing.

And just like that, you have delicious, festive cake pops! Happy Holidays!

Lauren Burnside

Wilfrid Laurier

Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem