This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Gift giving is truly the greatest form of testing how well you know someone. Feeling overwhelmed about what to gift your loved ones? Here are some gift ideas that also support small Canadian businesses this holiday season:

For home decor lovers

Azura Botanica

A Pinterest-aesthetic apartment is not complete without the addition of some sort of dried plant in a chic vase. Azura Botanica has these gorgeous bunches of pampas grass, bunny tails, eucalyptus, cotton stems and more! Or gift a do-it-yourself dried foliage kit for more variety and a total interior designer moment.

Styled To The Tee

These Greek statue candles from Styled To The Tee are truly a piece of fine art. For holidays, they have these limited edition gold flake styles available too.

Pictus Goods

If there’s one product that your loved one definitely does not have, it’s this ceramic citrus juicer from Pictus Goods. There’s just something about it that makes me obsessed with it! Pictus Goods also has a ton of cute home decor items including the prettiest candles and candle holders you’ll ever see.

For the one obsessed with all things skincare

Kismet Essentials

Kismet Essentials makes bath time a relaxing experience with their salt soaks and coffee body scrub. Or gift the experience of a self-care ritual with their Chill Essentials Kit.

Midnight Paloma

I’m loving this selection of skin tools from Midnight Paloma. Upgrade their skincare routine with a rose quartz facial roller, gua sha or body dry brush.

Voir

Elevate their routine beyond skincare with Voir’s “A Walk in the Sun” luxury hair oil. It’s like liquid sunshine in a bottle.

For the homebody

Modern Alchemy Co.

The mood isn’t perfect until you have a candle burning in the background. Modern Alchemy Co. candles are made with a coconut-soy wax blend mixed with high-quality fragrance and essential oils.

cuecalm

These cuecalm incense are the perfect wellness gift on their own or make the perfect addition with an incense holder.

Blume

For a warm drink to pair with a cozy night on the couch, Blume features a selection of superfood blends that’s both good for your body and feels super relaxing.

For the one obsessed with accessorizing

Harmony

Harmony makes fine jewelry at affordable prices. They have a huge selection of not only necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings but the cutest sweatshirts, mugs and cards. Plus, there’s a collection of pieces you’re able to customize.

The Klay Collection

I’m pretty sure that The Klay Collection has the cutest clay earrings I have ever laid my eyes on! They have the most unique pieces that will definitely make a fashion statement. For a more subtle statement, gift the Big Squiggle Hair Clip. If you’re gifting to someone that loves to make a bold move, shop the Gustaf Westman-inspired Mirror Earrings.

ai Toronto Seoul

Masks don’t need to ruin our outfits when it comes to ai Toronto Seoul. Not only do they have simple reusable masks that go with any outfit, but their selection of mask chains are really where it’s at!

For the sustainable guru

New Day Home Supply

I’m especially loving New Day Home Supply’s eco-friendly lifestyle starter kit and kitchen gift bundle. They have a huge collection of goods that are vegan, non-toxic and good for the environment!

Think Nalaa

These reusable pads (black/white) from Think Nalaa are such a simple but useful switch to a more sustainable skincare routine. They’re super soft and gentle on the skin while being better for the planet.

Good Juju

Elevate their hair care routine with Good Juju’s shampoo and conditioner bars that are all-natural and plastic-free. I love how they have specific formulas for normal, oily/fine and dry hair as well as one for problem scalps.

For the one you have no idea what to gift

The Silk Labs

Who doesn’t love the luxurious feel of silk? The Silk Labs has a gorgeous collection of silk scrunchies, sleep eye masks and pillow covers. Unlike the hair ties that seem to constantly go missing, these silk scrunchies are just as useful as they are pretty.

Wolf & Rebel

I can’t believe how relatable the sayings on Wolf & Rebel’s keychains are! They’re the perfect accessory to spruce up a set of keys. They also have the option for you to create your own keychain if you’re looking to add a more personal touch!

Cordial Gift Co

Cordial makes gifting easy with their curated gift boxes. There are many themed boxes to choose from, full of pre-selected goodies and they are ready to ship directly to whoever you’re gifting for!

Don’t forget to shop local, small businesses this year to help out our communities while also putting a big smile on the faces of our loved ones! Looking for more Canadian brands to shop from? Take a read here for many more to shop not just during the holiday season but all year round.

Millicent Hofung

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Millicent Hofung is a fourth year Marketing student and completing a Communications minor. She loves fashion, reading & listening to true crime podcasts. She exclusively gets nude manicures, can't say no to another houseplant and is very easily amused. Find her on Instagram @millicent.jasmine.
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!