This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s finally Friday, which means it is time to share some favourites of the week!  With summer coming to a close, we need to start thinking about how to get motivated before classes are in full swing, and try not dive head first in the books and drown in coffee just hours before your first midterm (even though we’ve all done it before… oops!). That being said, the inspiration behind these week’s favourites is: Back to School!

Favourite Thought:

To start off our back to school favourites, here is our favourite inspirational quote of the week! Never give up on something you love. School can get hard and sometimes bring you down, but don’t let it keep you from chasing your dream! If you don’t know what your dream is right now, you just haven’t found it yet.

Favourite Recipe:

This week’s favourite recipe is kale Greek salad with polenta. This is our ultimate favourite recipe while we’re busy during the school year, but need something good ASAP. Not to mention it is loaded with nutrients to fuel up your brain for your next big assignment, and it’s delicious!

(Via: The Western Wild)

Favourite Trend:

Believe it or not, the old 70’s flared jeans trend is making a comeback this fall! They’re the perfect pair of pants to throw on for class and look awesome with a pair of booties. They would also look great with a denim shirt to achieve the “Canadian tuxedo” look. Your classmates will think you just stepped off a runway when you’re heading into lecture!

Favourite Read:

“How to Cultivate the Habits of Success” by Dorie Clark(Via: Forbes)

This article has actually been my home page for a quite a while now. It’s important to practice successful habits in order to achieve your goals, whether it is in school or in your personal life. This article by Forbes definitely made us reflect on what we are doing and what we need to do to feel successful within ourselves, and we hope you will feel the same way after reading it!

Favourite Space:

Lastly, some spatial inspiration for the week lies in this little living room area. It can be hard to decorate a student house or dorm room on a budget, but there’s nothing some fresh flowers and printed pillows can’t fix to make your space look put together! 

“That wraps up our first week of Friday Favourites. Be sure to check back every Friday for new favourites, and let us know some of yours!”

Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem