The Fall Footwear Trends You Must Try!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The season of Fall and fashion have always gone hand in hand. Fall is the time of year when layering is key and the snow hasn’t hit the ground yet, allowing us to embrace our most stylish footwear. It’s the season where Milan, Paris, and New York have their annual fashion week shows and, with all the leaves beautifully transitioning around us, how could we not feel a little inspired to be more creative in our wardrobes?

Collegiettes, take advantage of the cooler weather this Fall and update your shoe collection! Fall is the perfect time to be experimental and try a fashion piece out of your comfort zone. Her Campus has created a list of our most loved shoe trends for Fall 2016 and encourage you to pick up a few of our faves to welcome the season!

1. Loafers:

Loafers are such a great piece to add a professional flare to any outfit! We’ve especially been loving slide-on loafers for casual days on campus.

2. Over The Knee Boots:

This boot trend is once again making a huge comeback and we couldn’t be happier! Dress them up with a t-shirt dress or layered on top of skinny jeans.

3. Black Booties:

This is a staple! Black booties come in such a wide variation that there’s a pair out there for everyone, whether it’s heeled, pointed toe, leather, or suede!

4. Midi/Sock Boots:

This recent trend has blown up our social media this Fall! The midi boot is a super flattering cut and looks amazing paired underneath cropped jeans.

5. Statement Shoe:

The time is NOW to invest in a great pair of statement shoes! A print or bold coloured shoe looks uber fashionable, especially paired with an all-black outfit!

6. Sneakers:

A comfortable yet still fashion-forward option is a classic pair of sneakers! We love all white or black sneakers to add something unexpected and casual to an outfit.

Happy Fall, collegiettes! Enjoy the sweater weather with your new favourite pair of shoes and keep kicking through those midterms (horrible pun intended)!

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com