This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Disclaimer: There will be some spoilers discussed throughout this article. If you haven’t watched season two of Euphoria yet, read at your own risk.

Anyone who has watched season two of Euphoria knows that it has brought lots of ups and downs. Crazy plot twists and unexpected romances spiced things up this season, along with tons of betrayal that kept us all on the edge of our seats. With the addition of some new cast members and plenty of character development, season two kept the drama going and carried on beautifully from season one. Although, there was one character in particular that really stood out for me this season. We all know season one’s it girl was Maddy Perez, with her unique and colourful outfits and makeup, but this season, Euphoria’s new it-girl is Lexi Howard.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve loved Lexi since season one. She’s always been a true friend and has always put others’ needs before her own. Throughout season one, she sticks with Rue and continues to be there for her through some tough times despite their friendship having drifted apart. She’s also super carefree and doesn’t seem to spend a lot of time worrying about what others think of her (point being when she dressed up as Bob Ross for Halloween). At the Halloween party, Lexi also stalled McKay and saved Cassie from getting caught in the middle of some drama. This just shows that Lexi has always wanted the best for her loved ones, no matter how controversial their decisions may be. Although Lexi was, in my opinion, one of the best characters in season one, she didn’t get a whole lot of screen time and never really had a major storyline. She was just known as Cassie’s sister and Rue’s best friend since they were little, but nothing more and nothing less.

Season two really gave us all the Lexi Howard content we asked for and more. We were able to get a glimpse into Lexi’s mind and how she thinks, as well as see a potential relationship blossoming with Fezco. We were able to see Lexi’s creative side through her play and learn about the family struggles she’s experienced in the past. We also dug deep into her dynamic with her sister, Cassie, and learned about what it was like growing up together. Lexi went from being a comedic and reliable side character in season one to an intelligent and creative main character in season two. One of my favourite subplots in season two was her relationship with Fezco. Getting to see two of my favourite characters becoming so vulnerable was really fun to watch. Lexi’s vulnerability and her ability to come out of her shell in season two really made her stand out.

All in all, if you haven’t watched Euphoria yet, you’re missing out. The character development between the two seasons and the plots are super interesting to follow along with. Lexi Howard has definitely been a standout character this season and her play was so entertaining to watch, despite all the drama it caused. Her creativity and vulnerability really shine through this season, making her this season’s it-girl.

Alexandra Winter

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Alex is in her third year of Kinesiology at Wilfrid Laurier University and is also minoring in Psychology. She has been a writer for Her Campus for about a year and a half and has loved every second of it. Some of her main hobbies include reading, working out, and hanging out with friends. Her favourite shows are Money Heist and Euphoria. She has a twin sister and 3 amazing pets who she loves very much.