Courses You Wish University Offered

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

University is great and all, but there are just some things you need to know in life that you can’t really seem to get out of old-school courses.  Keep reading to find out the courses university should offer, because you know you wish these were real. 

How To Adult 101

A course dedicated to showing you how to do your taxes and other grown-up things. Where has this course been all my life?  This should definitely be a mandatory course because life happens and suddenly you’re an adult wondering how you’re supposed to figure out things like mortgages when all you’ve been learning about in university are things like trigonometry.   

De-Stressing 102

It seems that all university tends to do is stress us out.  A course on how to avoid the subject entirely or at least highlight ways to de-stress would be very appreciated.  Therapy dogs would be required, obviously.  P.S This would be a mandatory course.

The Key to Happiness 103

This course would be the answer to all my problems.  A course that promotes happiness and ways to stay happy?!  Where do I sign up?! We all need this in our lives.  When life feels like it’s beating you down (I’m talking to you, midterm season!), don’t worry, be happy! 

Partying 104

As Laurier students, I’m sure we can all agree that partying is in our blood.  Wouldn’t a course based on partying be LIT?!?! Think about it: a course all about how to throw the perfect party, the best drinks to get you totally turnt and the best hangover cures! This needs to happen. Best part is, you would be allowed to show up drunk because hey, it’s a class about partying, so why not?

Going to school tomorrow knowing I won’t be attending any of these courses is really gonna suck.  Looks like we’ll have to figure some things out for ourselves. But hey, maybe university will come around to the idea of adding these courses into the curriculum someday.  We can dream, right?

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.