This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Every Uber ride is different than the next, but one thing they all have in common is how entertaining they are. Being on a ride with all of your friends, sober or not, is always a recipe for an entertaining start, or finish, to your night. These are the typical people ALWAYS found in your Uber.

The Front Seat

Whoever is brave enough, or is forced into the front seat, is always in for a treat. Being in the front seat means acting as sober as you can (if you’re drunk) to make sure that your rating does NOT go down. Usually the one to have to speak to the driver, finding your sober mind is the challenge with this spot in the car, but hey, at least you don’t have to squish in the back.

The DJ

The first thing on this person’s mind is to make sure they ask the driver if they have an AUX cord. This person is the one in charge of making the ride, long or short, an entertaining one. If you’re lucky, your driver will even join the belching sing-a-long you and your friends have the entire duration of your ride.

The Sleeper

The friend that falls asleep, or is just too drunk to keep their eyes open. Can be found leaning on the window or the person next to them with their mouths wide open looking pretty ridiculous.

The Ranter

This is the passenger that becomes BFF’s with the driver, and by the end of the ride, the driver knows their ENTIRE life story. Heads up to this Uber driver, you’re about to hate this passengers ex just as much as they do.

The Sober One

The one that is sober enough, or at least seems sober enough, to make sure everyone keeps their mouths SHUT. Sometimes people like to talk a little too much in their Uber’s, and someone needs to keep everyone in line! This person is also usually the one to make sure everyone gets to their destinations without any issues!

We would all be in biiiiggg trouble without the convenience of Uber, and how entertaining they are is just a bonus! We’ve all seen these people in our Uber’s and if you haven’t yet, I promise, you will!

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.