stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Profile – Taylor Learmont

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Full name: Taylor Mei Hua Learmont

Hometown: Newmarket, Ontario

Birthday: January 14th, 1996

Year: 4th

Program: Kinesiology

Relationship Status: Single

Social Media Handles: IG: taylormei & littlefi.t.ness , Twitter. taylormeii

Why did you choose Laurier? Funnily enough, I was dead set on going to Western, but that all changed when I visited one of my friends at Laurier. I fell in love with Laurier and chose to go here for my undergrad because of its size. Being a small school meant that making it to class was going to be much easier, and that walking around campus you’re almost always guaranteed to run into some of your friends.

Are you involved here at Laurier? Yes I am! I have been on the varsity cheerleading team all four years off my undergrad, and for three years I have volunteered with the strength and conditioning program for varsity athletes.

What made you want to get involved? I tried out for the cheerleading team because it was important to me to be a part of something team oriented while being at Laurier. Before coming to university, I was a gymnast and dancer. I chose cheerleading because it was a mix between the two and I would be able to continue learning and improving my acrobatic skills.

I started volunteering with the strength and conditioning program in second year because I wanted to learn more about exercise, nutrition, and programming, as after I graduate I aspire to become a personal trainer to athletes.

What’s your favourite thing about Laurier? My favourite thing at Laurier is cheering on the sideline during football games. Having the opportunity to cheer on my friends on the field all four years has been a blessing and has resulted in some of the best memories at Laurier. #Yates

What has been your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment at Laurier would have to be becoming the strength and conditioning captain for my cheerleading team. Over the last two years I have seen my teammates grow and become more motivated to better themselves. I am even more excited to pass on the torch to my fellow teammates and continue to watch the Laurier cheer team grow stronger.

What is your favourite bar/club in waterloo? Brixton.

What is your favourite meal at Wilfs? Seagram’s dressed with sriracha caesar and curly fries.

What is your favourite study spot on campus? The concourse. 

What is one thing you want to accomplish before you graduate? As a fourth year, I don’t know what else I want to accomplish because I feel like I have had the best four years I could have imagined. Coming in as a first year I knew I wanted to be a part of something special. I didn’t have anything in mind necessarily, I just knew I wanted something big. Being a part of an 8-time National Championship team is a huge accomplishment, as three of them came from the years I got to be a part of this outstanding team. Another big moment would be when Laurier football won the Yates Cup! Watching the guys play an amazing game where they came back from a 21-point lead. These two moments are why “it’s great to be a Laurier Golden Hawk”.

Jaden Lundy

Wilfrid Laurier

I'm a girl who loves her food and also loves her dogs a.k.a my two favourites things in the entire world. 
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.