bed bedroom cute dog 545016jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bed bedroom cute dog 545016jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels

Bones or No Bones Day: The Trending Pug

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I checked the forecast for today and it’s a Bones Day!

You’ve probably heard of the phrase “No Bones Day”, but don’t know what it means. Noodle the pug has been trending all over Tiktok and has influenced many people in following his daily forecast of “Bones” or “No Bones”. Noodle is a 13-year-old pug that determines what kind of day it is for many people.

Jonathan Graziano, Noodle’s owner, will wake him up every day and try to get him to stand. A dog that age is considered old and is often pretty tired. So, if Noodle is able to stand, it’s considered a Bones Day, which means it’s a day to be productive and active. If he falls back down, ready to go back to sleep, it’s a “No Bones Day”, a day of relaxation and chilling.

Many people are influenced by Noodle the pug. It’s crazy to see how much Noodle impacts the daily lives of others, simply through 15-second TikToks. For example, many school classrooms use “Bones” and “No Bones” to determine what kind of day it’ll be at school. Will there be a lot of schoolwork or will it be a day with no homework? It was even rumoured that some school exams were cancelled or postponed because they were on a “No Bones Day”.

I myself also follow Noodle’s daily TikToks. I think of it as my daily morning news. Oftentimes, I feel very unmotivated to study or do anything for that matter. Even though my mood is like that, I felt guilty at the end of the day because I hadn’t done anything productive. After my friend showed me Noodle the pug’s TikToks, it helped me give myself the strength to work hard on some days, but also not to feel bad on lazy days.

One thing to clarify is that “No Bones Day” does not mean it’s a bad day. It just means that a break is needed at times and it’s okay to take one. With everything that’s happening in this world, due to COVID-19, Noodle motivates us to keep going but also ensures we’re taking care of ourselves as well.

Don’t let this determine how your every day should be, but let it be a reminder that it’s okay to have some days off. Not every day has to be a productive and hardworking day. Whether it’s work or school that’s stressing you out, a “No Bones Day” is well needed and well deserved. Self-care is always important in our daily lives. Taking care of our mental health should be a priority over anything else.

You can find Noodle the Pug by following @jongraz on TikTok to get your daily update.

Sahaana Jeevendra

Wilfrid Laurier '24

My name is Sahaana Jeevendra. I'm a first year student at Wilfred Laurier University studying Business Administration. Some of my aspirations for the future are being a successful woman, be happy, and continue to live life to the fullest.