Best Stationery Bits to Help You Stay Organized This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Chances are most of your classmates have already lost all their highlighters and filling out a planner every day was merely just wishful thinking. But not you! You cherish your stationary and guard and protect it with all your heart. Here are a few stationery items, just in time for midterms, that are stylish, practical, and won’t completely break the bank (and where to find them)! 

The Seven Year Pens. I’d like to see someone try and finish this bad boy. You can write close to 2 metres a day for seven years, all with one pen. Not only is this pen very economical (it’s less than $10) but it is also extremely eco-friendly, as you aren’t contributing to the 100 million pens discarded every day. They also come in a variety of styles and colours so you can definitely find one that’s just right for you! 

Indigo is one of my favourite places to look for stationary. It’s a little bit pricier than most places, but they offer a variety of brands like Kate Spade, Moleskine and Rifle & Paper Company. It’s truly a one-stop shop for everything from greeting cards and pens to the cutest notebooks! Plus, it’s also an online retailer so you can always find promo codes to save money and your goodies will be delivered straight to your door. But in all honesty, who doesn’t love spending an afternoon at Indigo, am I right?

Muji is also a notable store to shop for stationery, as they house some of my Holy Grail items. Personal favourites include their 0.5ml gel pens, mechanical pencils, acrylic organizers and highlighters with windows so you save ink. My pens earned me some serious brownie points with my TA’s first year and I bet they will do the same for you with their minimalist look.  If you are looking to check out Muji, there is a location in Square One or a storefront in downtown Toronto. They also have an online store and ship all over the world, so no matter where you are you can get your stationery fix! 

For the stationery obsessed, a monogrammed wax seal stamp is a must. A little weird, I will admit I’ve gotten some flack from my friends when I bring it out, but you will feel extremely important and esteemed when you seal a letter. Also, if you are ever trying to impress someone, like your boyfriend’s parents or a co-worker, this will definitely make it look like you have your sh*t together! 

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.
Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier University