This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Life can get pretty stressful, especially with school, work and all of the drama that goes on. Here are my favourite foods that help me destress and keep my mind off of the complete disaster that is my existence.

Soup

Soup is good. It feels like a hug inside your internal organs and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Chicken noodle soup is crazy. Who would’ve thought to combine noodles and chicken with a tasty broth to create an unforgettable experience for your tastebuds? Only an absolute legend.

Chocolate

Chocolate is an obvious choice to destress- it wards off the dementors. It also tastes like heaven and reminds you of all the good things in life. Although this may be a bit of a controversial opinion, one of my favourite kinds of chocolate is mint chocolate. You get the rich sweetness of chocolate combined with minty fresh breath for the rest of the day.

Bagel

Circles are a very calming shape, and looking at them will relax your mind, body and soul. There are so many different flavours of bagels, you could have plain, multigrain, whole wheat, cinnamon raisin and so many more. And there are so many different ways to eat them- you could have them toasted or untoasted, with cream cheese, butter or even ketchup. The options really are limitless.

Lucky Charms

Lucky Charms cereal is a no brainer. It’ll bring you luck everywhere you go. You’ll be the luckiest person in the world. I think that we all need a lucky charm with us for when our life starts to crumble apart. Something to remind us that everything will be okay and to help us through tough times.

Bread Loaf

There is nothing else in this world that brings me more joy than eating a loaf of bread. Whenever I order a loaf of bread at the bakery and they ask me if I want it sliced, I always decline their offer. Eating a plain loaf of bread is a truly mind-blowing experience and nothing will ever make me happier than that.

Pie

Pie is the best. Even the word “pie” rolls off the tongue like a hot knife cutting through butter, smooth and satisfying. I especially love apple pie. It’s amazing because you got the crust, you got the fruit and you got the spice. It’s like a fruity pizza. 

Vegetables

Vegetables have so many amazing health benefits. It’s important to remember that physical health is just as important as mental health, so I just wanted to remind you to eat your broccoli, stay lit and follow your dreams.

Although life can get overwhelming at times, always remember that you are a star and deserve the world. Go have a snack, relax and be happy :)

Lisa

Wilfrid Laurier '24