5 Shoes Every Collegiette Needs for A Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If there is one thing a girl can never have enough of, it’s SHOES. There is something about a great pair of shoes that can pull a look together and complete an entire outfit. The perfect heel can make or break an ensemble, especially for a night out when we are able to experiment with fun heels and boots!

With such a variety of styles and shapes, it can be really difficult for us Collegiettes to navigate exactly which shoes are worth splurging on. We at Her Campus have compiled a list of shoes every collegiette should have in her closet for a night out. Check out a few of our faves and hopefully you’ll find some inspiration for your next shoe-shopping endeavor.

1. Strappy Sandal

The strappy sandal is an iconic going out shoe. It provides a minimalist appearance that allows the outfit to shine through and is always super classy. Whether it’s the classic two-strap heel or a lace-up sandal, having a pair of strappy heels in your closet is foolproof.

2. Pointed Toe Heels

A pointed toe heel is an easy way to add a classy, sophisticated vibe to an outfit. We love pairing pointed toe heels with trousers or even ripped jeans to dress up a look.

3. Tall Boots

Having a pair of tall boots is a staple! Whether it’s over the knee boots, flat riding boots or whatever variation of the tall boot you feel comfortable with, tall boots are a great option for colder nights when open-toe shoes aren’t an option.

4. Heeled Bootie

This is a basic shoe for winter nights and can even be worn casually on campus. Whether it’s the trendy sock bootie or a classic low-cut leather heel, having a pair of heeled booties on hand is always a go-to heel to wear when going out.

5. The Bar Shoe

And of course, every collegiette needs a designated “bar shoe.” Honestly, some of our shoes are just way too precious to risk getting sticky or dirty at a bar! (AHEM, Phils!!!!!). Whether it’s an older pair that you don’t wear as much anymore or a black pair that is easy to clean, always ensure you have a designated bar shoe as backup!

Collegiettes, for whichever bar on whichever night, adding a pair of fabulous shoes is a sure way to transform an outfit!

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.