13 Halloween Movies for People Who are Afraid of Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s another excuse for your friends to force you to watch another horror movie while you hide under the blanket the entire time. Every time they say it’s “safe to come out,” a possessed doll being (badly) blessed by a priest always seems to be staring into your soul. Well, we do not need that negativity anymore! So, to my friends who are afraid of everything, I have created a list of friendly Halloween movies that are just spooky enough for you and Halloween themed enough for your friends. 

Note: Many of these are Disney throwbacks which makes this list 1000 times better

Hocus Pocus

THE BEST MOVIE DO NOT FIGHT ME ON THIS. WATCH THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THIS MOVIE WILL TURN YOU INTO A CAT PERSON FKN BINX IS SO CUTE.

The Halloweentown Series

I’m giving you permission to skip the one with the fake Marnie. 

The Addams Family

Remind yourself how much like Wednesday Addams you are.

Ghostbusters (Old and New)

Extend your movie marathon with the one with Melissa McCarthy because everyone loves her! 

Casper

Cutest lil’ nug’ of a ghost. We love him.

Beetlejuice

We like the outfit enough to watch this one again.

Nightmare Before Christmas 

Perfect for those of us holding back our Christmas joy until Nov. 1st. 

Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire

Eat a tray of Pillsbury cookies and you’re set for a spooky night.

Twitches 

This movie will always make you wish you had a twin. And if you do have one, it will make you wish you were separated at birth with magical powers.

The Haunted Mansion 

Eddie Murphy is in it.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

This sass is acceptable all year round. 

Phantom of the Megaplex (or Opera)

This one depends on your maturity level. Disney throwback or Broadway classic? You decide.

Don’t Look Under the Bed

Or do look under the bed and watch Hocus Pocus again.

So, there you have it, 13 Halloween movies that can easily replace any of your friends’ horror movies. 

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.