10 People You Will Crush on at Laurier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

University is a learning experience, and not just literally speaking. It’s a time to learn about yourself not just as an academic, but as an individual. For many people, part of this is exploring potential partners. For people like myself, and many of you, part of this is having a crush and admiring from afar. Throughout your years here you will undoubtedly crush on at least one, if not all, of these cuties. But don’t be ashamed, I’ve definitely crushed on all of them.

1. The Varsity Athlete 

You have so much time for them, but they never have time for you. Between practice, class, lifts, games and more practice, they will never give you the time of day. Nevertheless, you still crush as hard as they train. On the bright side, you may have a shot in the off season… if you are lucky.

2. Your Party-Animal Floormate

They have already been written up like 5 times and you begin to question if they are here only to party, but something inside of you wants to learn about the deeper side of them. Plus, they are conveniently close if you are in need of a cuddle buddy during exam season.  

3. Your Icebreaker 

Some of the first people you meet at Laurier are your Icebreakers. The amount of school spirit and enthusiasm they have is inspiring… and attractive. Although they are totally off limits for your first year, you can’t help but crush on them.

4. The Business Student

Always dressed up in business attire, making Laurier look like a Wall Street runway. *swoon*

5. Your Professor 

There is something so sexy about having a PhD. Even if the only time you talk to them is by email or when you answer a question in class (because you obviously did the reading to impress them), they are likely happily married with kids. 

6. Your TA 

Not a student, and yet, not a prof. Your TA is someone that you spend more intimate class time with. You wish they could help you with more than just your studies. 

7. The Flirty Starbucks Barista

With how often you are in need of a caffeine fix, it is no surprise that this cutie remembers your order before you even have to say it. 

8. The Intramural Referee 

Although in most competitive sports the referee is the enemy, in intramurals the referee could be a friendly (and cute) face you recognize from class or studying in the concourse. All you have to do is show your sportsmanship and throw in some flirty and witty remarks, and you will have their attention. They are students too! 

9. That Cutie in Your 8:30 am Lecture

You checked them out in the first week of classes and as the weeks go on, their attendance starts to slack. However, you show up to class (somewhat) bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, hoping your crush will walk through the door. 

10. Wilf

Who doesn’t love Wilf? If you haven’t yet, you will likely take a photo with him during your undergrad. 

21, Wilfrid Laurier University Sorority Girl. Bio major that can't come up with good bios. Die-hard Lilly Pulitzer addict navigating university with a passion for pizza. You can catch me drinking Chai tea lattes while studying on weekdays and ordering a Malibu and diet at the local pub on the weekends. Follow my mildly exciting life on Instagram: @megcmackay and Twitter: @megcmackay
Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.